Windows at the bottom

Experiences along the way that bring us closer to our Higher Power in 12 Step Sobriety and Moments of Clarity.
Slunga

Windows at the bottom

Post by Slunga » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:43 pm

In my life before AA, there came THE moment of clarity when the blinders came off and I was able to see clearly the direction my life was taking.Then the question comes loud and strong, what am I going to do.And the decision had to be made NOW, because these windows of opportunity open and close quickly.To swallow pride and ego and ask for help was by far one of the best decisions I had ever made. Another was learning and living the program of Alcoholics Anonymous. The promises have indeed come true. Thanks.

Dallas
Site Admin

Re: Windows at the bottom

Post by Dallas » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:14 pm

Thanks, for sharing, Slunga! I understand about those windows. As I look back over my life since beginning till now -- I see that it's been a pattern of getting those window of opportunity. Of course, I didn't see it that way while I was still drinking. I was only able to become aware of it after I sobered up and had the luxury of having people like you mention it to me and to teach me to watch for them because they may never open up again, or, they may come again only after I've hit a bottom with something and then it's even more messy for me to deal with.