12 Step Recovery
Recovery Using A.A.'s 12 Steps.
Also information and resources for other evidence based treatment solutions
Including Cognitive, Behavioral, Psychology, Neuroscience
Faith Based and Nutrition to treat Alcoholism,
Addictions and other Problems
STEP12.COM IS ALL ABOUT RECOVERY.
Addiction and Alcoholism Treatment,
Better Health, Spirituality
and an Over-all Healthy Way of
Living The Good Life!
Our primary focus is on recovery, sobriety, emotional balance and well-being, a healthy, healing, productive, constructive lifestyle that can totally rebuild and recreate your life -- and your relationships!
We're about gaining freedom from alcohol abuse, drinking problems, alcoholism, drug abuse, drug addiction, relationship problems, and just about any problem that has been keeping you from living the Good Life!
The purpose of getting sober and achieving and maintaining sobriety is to recover. To pursue and achieve a happy, healthy and productive life. To experience freedom. To feel good while sober! To be happy and joyous while living free of substances that have harmed us in the past. To have a great job that we like -- or to pursue and have an exciting career. And, for some to own their own successful business. To earn good incomes that can provide for ourselves and our families the great things in life that we desire to have.
This is ALL totally practical, possible and normal and can and should be experienced as a choice for anyone who wants it.
"When I got sober 30 years ago -- (and, yes, I have stayed sober every day of that 30 years) I was told that I could achieve anything in life that I could imagine -- provided that I was willing to work for it! Guess what? It's true! It's been true for me. It was true for those who told me. And it can be true for you, too." ~Dallas B.
Imagine this -- for the same amount of work that you have to do to stay sober -- it's NO HARDER to ALSO have greater emotional balance and well-being. To be healthy. To have a productive, constructive, meaningful and purposeful life. A life that is totally worth living.
You can totally rebuild and recreate your life and your relationships. All you've got to do is to be doing the right work -- and using the right tools to have it.
The questions you have to ask yourself is: Do you want it? Do you want something better than what you've got? Do you want to be comfortable while sober? Do you want to be happy, joyous and free, while sober -- most of the time? Would you like to experience more peace and serenity? Do you want better relationships with yourself and with others? Do you want to have an exciting and productive career? Earn a higher income and have more financial security? Do you want more freedom? Do you want to have more fun in life?
You've probably NEVER been asked those question in a 12 Step Support Group Meeting, have you?
Maybe, you've heard you can't expect nothing more than staying sober and free from drugs.
Here's the deal: You've got to be willing to come to believe that it's possible.
If you're unwilling to consider the possibility -- you won't be willing to try. And, if you're unwilling to try -- then, you're right, it's not possible for you! It's your choice. It's up to you.
Perhaps you're NOT an alcoholic or an addict who wants to recover. Maybe you have a different problem. Maybe you have landed here looking for information and resources to help someone else who has a problem. Or, maybe, because another person has a problem -- and it's causing you problems. Or, perhaps you're interesed in using 12 Steps as a spiritual discipline and design for living. We can help you with that, too.
If you don't want something better than what you've got now -- that's okay with us. We won't try to convince you otherwise.
If you do want something better... Stick around. Check us out. Give it a try. Take what you want. Leave what you don't want.
Here, you can learn how recovery-oriented care and recovery support systems have helped people with mental, emotional, spiritual and/or substance use disorders manage their conditions successfully.
Challenges and conditions can be overcome.
Recovery is characterized by continual growth and improvement in one’s health and wellness that may involve setbacks. Setbacks are a natural part of life, resilience becomes a key component of recovery. And, recovery tools can help you get through the tough times.
12 Step Recovery Information, Tools and Resources
- 20 Questions Test - Are you alcoholic? Take this test and then you decide.
- Addiction Addiction
- Medical Definition of an Alcoholic and Alcoholism
- Alcoholic Liver Disease ALD -- Do you know someone that you think drinks too much? What is one of the long-terms symptoms associated with alcohol abuse and alcoholism?
- Alcohol Poisoning — Is it true that it is very often fatal and can kill you?
- Alcoholic Self-Test using The Big Book — This study of the book Alcoholics Anonymous was used as the foundation for this test.
- What are Alcohol Withdrawal Symptoms? Can you die withdrawing from alcohol? — Read this and get immediate medical attention for anyone suspected of having Alcohol Withdrawal Symptoms!
- Doctors Opinion, Dr. Silkworth A.A. Doctors Opinion, Dr. Silkworth A.A.
- Emotional Sobriety Emotions produce euphoric and intoxicating effects. They can produce a sense of ease and comfort and contentment. They can also produce the opposite. When we are operating under the influence of our emotions verses the influence of our intelligence -- we are Emotionally Inebriate.
- Chapter 3 More About AlcoholismA portian of Chapter 3, More about alcoholism -- as read in many AA meetings in Southern California
- Rehab Glossary & Terms A Laymen's guide for the definition of words used in treatment centers rehab centers and recovery of alcoholics and drug addicts
- Treatment ProgramsNo single drug addiction or alcohol treatment approach works for everyone. This article and guide is to help you find an Alcohol and Drug Addiction Treatment Program That Works For You