Promises -- A.A. Big Book
THE A.A. PROMISES
If we are painstaking about this phase of our development, we will be amazed before we are half way through. We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness. We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it. We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace. No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others. That feeling of uselessness and selfpity will disappear. We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows. Self-seeking will slip away. Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will change. Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us. We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us. We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves.
Are these extravagant promises? We think not. They are being fulfilled among us—sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. They will always materialize if we work for them.
You may also want to read
A Vision For You
20 Questions Self-Test - Are you alcoholic? Take this test and then you decide.
"Abandon yourself to God as you understand God. Admit your faults to Him and to your fellows. Clear away the wreckage of your past. Give freely of what you find and join us. We shall be with you in the Fellowship of the Spirit, and you will surely meet some of us as you trudge the Road of Happy Destiny." ~Big Book, page 164
12 Step Recovery Information, Tools and Resources
- 20 Questions Test - Are you alcoholic? Take this test and then you decide.
- Addiction Addiction
- Medical Definition of an Alcoholic and Alcoholism
- Alcoholic Liver Disease ALD -- Do you know someone that you think drinks too much? What is one of the long-terms symptoms associated with alcohol abuse and alcoholism?
- Alcohol Poisoning — Is it true that it is very often fatal and can kill you?
- Alcoholic Self-Test using The Big Book — This study of the book Alcoholics Anonymous was used as the foundation for this test.
- What are Alcohol Withdrawal Symptoms? Can you die withdrawing from alcohol? — Read this and get immediate medical attention for anyone suspected of having Alcohol Withdrawal Symptoms!
- Doctors Opinion, Dr. Silkworth A.A. Doctors Opinion, Dr. Silkworth A.A.
- Emotional Sobriety Emotions produce euphoric and intoxicating effects. They can produce a sense of ease and comfort and contentment. They can also produce the opposite. When we are operating under the influence of our emotions verses the influence of our intelligence -- we are Emotionally Inebriate.
- Chapter 3 More About AlcoholismA portian of Chapter 3, More about alcoholism -- as read in many AA meetings in Southern California
- Rehab Glossary & Terms A Laymen's guide for the definition of words used in treatment centers rehab centers and recovery of alcoholics and drug addicts
- Treatment ProgramsNo single drug addiction or alcohol treatment approach works for everyone. This article and guide is to help you find an Alcohol and Drug Addiction Treatment Program That Works For You