Intended for humor, because the results will be a tragedy!
After reading the 12 Steps in Reverse, though — I can honestly say that there have been prime moments in my life when discovered that on some of the 12 Steps, I definitely was practicing them in reverse! 🙂
AA’s 12 Steps in Reverse
It is highly suggested that you NOT do this!
1. I declare my complete control over alcohol and everything else; and further declare that my life is in perfect order
2. I recognize no power as great as I am; nor any person as smart as I am, and if you don’t like it come outside
3. I made a decision to run my life and everyone else’s life to suit only me – and I pity those who get in my way.
4. I make a searching and through inventory of everyone other than myself – and find them woefully lacking in all respects; and I never hesitate to tell them so.
5. I admitted to no one, including, God and Myself, that there could possibly be anything wrong with me, or my actions.
6. I went to extreme efforts to protect and increase my defects of character-and did a little drinking besides.
7. I continued my obnoxious arrogant air of asking no one for anything-my Big Eye was for telling, not asking.
8. I kept a complete list of all persons who had harmed me, either real or imaginary, and swore to get even with them all.
9. I got even where possible, except when to do so might injure me.
10. I continued to bitch and whine about everything to everyone and, when I was right, promptly reminded them.
11. I sought through scheming and conniving to materially improve myself – at the expense of my fellow man. I ever hesitate, when the opportunity presents itself, to bring disaster and misery to anyone who happens to cross my path.
12. Having had a complete moral, physical, financial and spiritual breakdown, all of my remaining effort was directed toward dragging those near me – and dear to me – down to these same depths of despair; And I did a little drinking too.
From: AA Grapevine? Maybe. It’s been printed in several AA Newsletters over many years.
Below is a link to a PDF file of The 12 Steps in Reverse — if you’d to save a copy for yourself or to pass it on!